Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New lures

Well, it's been coming a monsoon here this Summer but that's okay. My mom sent me a gift card for Bass Pro and I took a little trip there today and picked up some topwater frogs, a chug n spook, and a small jig for pitching around grass lines and bushes.


Here is a new style of jig from bass pro called the Bass Patrol jig. I got it in 3/8 so it will fall slowly around those weeds and into the pockets so bass will strike. The thing about Summer is for pitching jigs you shouldn't spend a lot of time on it. If they are there they will strike. Cast it out let it fall and if no strike wiggle it a little and move on. In Summer they will either be in the weeds or around them and will strike a jig instantly.


I also bought a nickel and black chug n spook from Heddon. I was going to get a super spook jr in nickel because on Lake Lanier they hit chrome better than any other color on overcast mornings. Bass Pro was out if that tells you anything so I grabbed the next to LAST of these in chrome and black. 

That's my story for today and I hope you guys catch a BIG one this Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment