Sunday, October 21, 2012

Decrese Backlash

Wanted to post a small segment regarding backlash with spinning tackle.

I happened to be on the lake this morning fishing for bass with a fairly large setup and a smaller sized lure.

I was using a 7' med-heavy rod with 12 lb test monofilament line and 1/4 oz spinnerbaits and buzzbaits.

As I casted over and over again overhand as well as traditionally with my right hand, I would get tons of backlash because of the lure being so light and the line being heavy.

Well, this got old after a while and I decided to change my casting technique and it worked! I started to use a backhand cast just as fly fisherman do and not only did I have no more backlash, my lure also traveled alot farther.

So, if you are using spinning tackle and want a heavier line with a lighter lure but do not want the backlash, try changing up your casting technique to a backhand cast and see if that works for you.

Thanks and as always if you fish, go big fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment