Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lipless crank for winter bass

Went out this morning on lake Lanier. Water temp was still pretty cold since it has been raining here for the past few days. The outside temp was great for fishing though. It was around 60 with very light to no wind at all.

I rigged up my cotton Cornell lipless crankbait at first with no success. I then rigged up my new bass pro shop tourney series lipless crankbait in this bluefin shad color with the bleeding bottom. I cast it out a few times with no luck and almost attempted to give up. I then said a little prayer and cast it out once more really hoping it would work this time or I was going home.

This time I didn't work the bait like a normal crankbait. I thought we'll since the water temp is cold I will try and work this like a plastic worm dragging it across the lake bottom. Apparently that got the bass' attention because he engulfed it and I set the hook. He fought really hard but it was worth it. Check out the pictures. Keep fishing big and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment