Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bass fishing with Rebel

So, bought a new rod and reel combo the other day for fairly cheap. The reel was prespooled with 8 lb test line. Took the reel off the other rod and placed it on my 7 ft medium-heavy rod so I would have some backbone in case I caught a big bass in the lake. Also bought a Rebel Pop-R in Foxy Shad.

Went out to the lake yesterday and walked a good few hundred feet to the end of a peninsula that was created because of the drought. Stepped out onto some rocks and started fishing this lure popping it back and forth in the water. All of a sudden I happened to notice a few feet away was a stump under the water and thought hmmm I wonder if there are any bass around it?
Well, there was and it took my lure. I set the hook! The fight was on and the bass splashed in the water a good few times and then when I thought I had him close to me the lure came flying out of the water and towards my head!! I ducked and it missed me. The bass spit the hook out or shook it loose not sure which. That was the only bass I caught yesterday that got away but I am here to state that the Rebel-Pop R does catch fish! Get one and try it today and you will not be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment