Monday, September 10, 2012

Fishing for Lures!?

Yes, that's right. Rigged up my Heddon Tiny Torpedo in Baby Bass this morning for a topwater fishing adventure. I was determined to catch a bass in the early cool morning temperatures. After casting a few times into the coves and around fallen trees, I decided to change lures. I then tied on my Heddon Zara Spook Jr in nickel for a more challenging and more tempting way to catch the bass.

I casted the lure out a few times and walked the dog back. I decided to cast out around the rocks to find out if I could attract some bass that way. Well, I did and after the 2nd cast I started walking the dog back and WHAM! I got one. After I attempted to set the hook, the fish got off. Do not know if he spit the hook out or what but I lost him.

I decided I was going to catch this bass again. I attempted to cast out again and my lure went a little too far and disappeared behind a rock on the other side of the cove. Oh crap! I attempted to jiggle the rod a few times to get it back into the water. That didn't work and it was stuck!

I was NOT going to lose that lure. I peeled off some extra line to keep the tension off so my rod would not go into the water and hoped other fisherman didn't come by and want a new tackle bag and rod.

 I decided to follow the cove upwards where the creek was running into it. Fighting through bushes and trees, I crossed the creek and climbed up some really big rocks onto the other side of the lake. Fighting again through the jungle it seemed like, I finally made it to the rocks where my lure was located. I climbed the rocks and got around to my lure where I set it free from the snag. I saw why I could not get it free. The treble hook was hooked around an upcoming limb next to the rock itself.

I got my lure free and made it back around to the other side of the lake. Well, did I forget to mention that I had a hard time getting across that creek and did not know how I was going to get back? I tried to climb up the steep bank at about 90 degrees. That did not work and I saw a fallen tree across the creek. I climbed like a raccoon across that tree back to the other side and back to my rod and reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment