Monday, December 31, 2012

Last bass of 2012

Ok, so I made up my mind to catch a bass on New Year's Eve. I wanted to catch the last bass of 2012 and I did it. Went over to Holly Park and noticed tons of seagulls flying around one part of the water. As I got closer to my fishing destination I also noticed gar feeding on baitfish at the surface. Even though the water temps were well below 60, I tied on my white zoom trick worm Texas rigged on a 3/0 size bass hook.

I casted the worm out and fished it like any other worm but slower than usual. That's when he bit my line and I lowered my rod, reeled in the slack, and set the hook for a pretty decent fight. He was still kicking when he came out of the water.

I know everyone says the bass metabolism is slower this time of year but this fish was hungry! He even tried eating my fingers while holding him and removing the hook.

Well, here are the pictures of him and I hope everyone has a happy new year and cheers to catching even bigger bass next year!!





No comments:

Post a Comment