Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The shakey head worm

I know I have done posts on this before but one of the best ways to catch bass, either largemouth or spotted bass, is on the shakey head rigged worm. As all of you know I fish from the banks so I don't fish like most others do from a boat letting the bait come from the shallows to the boat.

I have a few different types of shakey heads. I typically use a 3/16 oz but I also use a 1/4 at times on more finesse worms.

I either use zoom trick worms in white, green pumpkin, black, or hologram morning dawn in a roboworm for 1/4 oz.

These are my selection of shakey head hooks.


Below is my HBT Shakey Head in green pumpkin color 3/16 oz.


This is my black 1/4 oz Spot Remover brand shakey head hook. As you can see, all you have to do to rig this is press the head of the worm into the screw and then insert the hook to make the worm straight. Just as below with my Hologram Morning Dawn Roboworm.


Here is my Zoom Trick Worm in Green Pumpkin rigged up on a War Eagle 3/16 oz shakey head rig. This particular shakey head rig stands straight up so the tail sways in the current right in the bass' face.



This is my Hologram Morning Dawn Roboworm rigged on my 1/4 oz Spot Remover. I wouldn't use a 3/16 oz on this worm because the weight would not create a good presentation and it would just lie on the bottom instead of standing straight up.

No comments:

Post a Comment