Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Arkie Rattle Band Bass Jig

Wanted to review this lure I have had for a while. I used this lure a few weeks ago at Lake Lanier to try and hook my first bass of the year. While I have caught bluegill and channel catfish, I still have had no luck with anything I use for bass fishing.

I believe in the right conditions, I will have plenty of luck with this particular Arkie jig. It has an Arkie flipping jig head that is ideal for attracting bass of mass proportions. Of course, this is with the right conditions such as weather, water turbidity, etc.

While there are many different colors of bass jigs, I chose one of the most popular which is the jig with the black and blue skirt. This particular jig has a neck that is suited for rattle bands that attract bass much stronger than just the jig itself. With the rattles, it sends vibrations through the water making bass more prominent to strike thinking it is an injured fish or cray.

Now, jigs are made to float slowly to the bottom of the lake or body of water it is fished in; however, if you are power fishing trying to catch as many as possible from dock to dock, it is best to remove a few strands of the skirt in order for the jig to float faster down to attract the bass better.

Took a picture of my lure I have had for a while and used a bit. Wish me luck on my next big fishing adventure and stay tuned for more fishing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment