Friday, August 17, 2012

The marabou jig

Wanted to talk about the marabou jig today. Have a yellow tailed jig that I use for big fishing on the lake.

A little history behind the jig is that it was first created in 1957 by a guy that wanted something just like the trout fisherman were using. Over the years bass lure companies have adapted the technique of manufacturing these finesse lures to attract the big fish on the lake.

I have a yellow one and have caught a few fish. The jig is typically tied directly to the line and fished like any other jig, letting it sink and then flipping the rod a few times.

The bright coloured marabou jigs I like to use in dark and stained water just like that of lake Lanier where I typically fish for bass and other big species.

This is the marabou jig I use to fish with and hopefully you will be successful with any marabou jig you implement into your fishing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment