Sunday, August 5, 2012

Shakespeare Tiger 2

I have to give this rod and reel 8 out of 10 stars. I would have to say the rod holds up fairly well to any size fish caught on it. It is also able to be broken down into a 2 piece rod that can be conveniently carried anywhere in the car just in case a fishing urge comes along. It is a 7 ft rod which makes it ideal for big fishing.

The reel is where I minus the 2 stars. First is because the line is okay but I would recommend replacing it with any of your favourite fishing lines. It is a medium spinning rod so make sure you add the correct lb test and correct length. Second is the reel itself. The bail broke with me during a cast and even though I was able to repair it, i would replace it if desired with something like a Shimano or Abu Garcia. I will be replacing mine as soon as I get additional funds to do so. The line also reels off a little too fast causing loops which I could probably fix by thumbing it but who wants to do that?

Anyways, the positive side was I caught my 1st big fish with it a few weeks ago. Caught a 10 lb channel catfish out of lake Lanier. The rod and reel was easy to maintain and got the fish in quickly.

Would recommend the tiger 2 but would replace the line and reel.

Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment