Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fishing Knots

To tie line to lures:

1) Trilene knot
2) Improved clinch knot- simple and reliable
3) Palomar knot - best for braided line
4) Uni knot

Knot Tying Tips:

Always wet the line before cinching the knot. This reduces friction on the line and prevents burning, nicks, and abrasion caused by friction. It also reduces weakening in the line tremendously.

Retie knots after every fish catch to ensure they stay tight and break free.

Get some fingernail clippers to cut line. I keep a pair on my keys all the time for when I go fishing to trim tag ends.

Finally, tie the simplest knots you can. Improved clinch knot and Palomar knots have worked well with me. The first 10 lb catfish I caught was with a 12 lb monofilament line and a Palomar knot on a live minnow bait. Still use a Palomar knot even though it's best used with braided line.

No comments:

Post a Comment